Apollo, we have a problem. Our client approached us to help deliver a vital piece of concept engineering, to design an FPSO for a field currently in development.
The problem they had was 2 pronged. A very aggressive schedule and technical resource constraints. They contacted Apollo knowing our reactive reputation and commitment to delivery.
We kicked off the project immediately and positioned a project team of structural, piping, drafting, mechanical, process, materials, electrical, controls and instrumentation engineers within the client office to make sure communication channels were clear and the appropriate level of engineering support was available to get the scope completed on time.
- The client was undertaking a concept engineering design of an FPSO for a new field development
- Project encompasses the topside facility which comprises several different modules
- Tight delivery schedule to complete conceptual design
What we did:
- Apollo transferred an experienced multidiscipline team to provide the client with the level of engineering required
- Completed topside drafting of various concept and final designs
- Using detailed desktop analysis to ensure functional specification and integrity was met
- Preparation of detailed calculations sufficient to drive equipment specification and bill of materials for cost estimation
Value / Benefits:
- Provided competent and skilled personnel in a variety of disciplines across the Apollo skills set
- Positioned the Apollo team in client offices to ensure smooth project delivery and clean communication channels
- Completed project within the required deadline, taking ownership of the report deliverables