Discover Engineering in Nature
Sustainability has never been more crucial than it is today. As we face environmental challenges, it’s essential to reflect on our relationship with the natural world and consider how we can shape a sustainable future.
Apollo on the Shore aims to make you think about our natural environment and how we can live sustainably in the future.
Some of the activities on the day will include:
- Generating power from waves
- How to build a floating turbine
- Origami in Space – using origami to construct your own starshade
- Apollo 7 challenge – how to safely land an astronaut using an egg
- Weather permitting, there will also be an opportunity to spend some time exploring the nearby rock pools. To ensure your comfort and safety, please wear sturdy, enclosed footwear and dress appropriately for the weather.
- And more!
Event Details and Booking Information
Spaces are limited, so don’t miss out on this incredible, free opportunity. Book your tickets now using the following links:
Please Note: For the safety of all participants, we kindly request that all children be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Why Join Us?
- Connect with Nature: Greyhope Bay offers a stunning natural backdrop for our event, providing the perfect setting to connect with the environment.
- Sustainability Insights: Our sessions are designed to make you think about our natural environment and how we can live sustainably in the future.
- Hands-On Exploration: There will be experiments and activities to keep everyone entertained. Weather permitting, you’ll also have the chance to explore the rock pools nearby.
- Win Fantastic Prizes: There’s an exciting chance to win some incredible prizes during our event. Stay tuned for more details!
- Enjoy Refreshments: Throughout the day, we’ll keep you fueled and refreshed with a selection of snacks and hot drinks. So, you can focus on learning, exploring, and enjoying your day with us.
Join us at ‘Apollo on the Shore’ on the 17th of October 2023, all for free! We look forward to seeing you then.