Our client came to us with a big ask and very short timescales. They needed structural engineering and design support for a FEED study for 3 subsea structures in order to aid full pricing of the structure.
Knowing our love of a challenge we were able to attend initial kick-off meeting the next day with the client, prior to issuing the proposal, in order to meet the client’s tight schedule. This also helped to make sure that the proposal was accurate and the scope fully understood and facilitate speedy and seamless progression onto the project.
Apollo provided drawings for fabrication costing and engineering reports. Working closely with the wider Global Energy Group allowing us to work efficiently across project teams to deliver a fabricated cost for the structure and removing risk to the client which helped them meet their tight deadline.
Apollo provided project management support, project coordination, scheduling and cost control as well as weekly progress reporting on schedule and cost updates.
The client was delighted with the service and we received positive feedback for delivering on time and budget.
Helping the client out of a tight space has led to more trust from the client, increased workload and now we provide regular multi-discipline support.
Our client came to us to provide structural engineering and design support for a subsea structure FEED study. The FEED included a manifold, wash water skid and gas lift skid. This scope was required urgently to allow input into a detailed design proposal to enable pricing for fabrication of the structures.
Apollo attended initial kick-off meetings with the client prior to issuing a proposal to ensure the scope was fully understood and so minimal time was lost during the project. Initial discussions with the client confirmed the scope and we left knowing what was needed and also, by when. The basis of design was quickly issued on formal contract award with work starting immediately on the engineering design and draughting. Apollo’s engineering team worked closely with fabrication partners in the wider Global Energy Group so that fabrication cost estimates could be developed in parallel to the engineering deliverables.
What did the client think?
Client feedback was very good as the scope was completed on time and on budget. Since completion Apollo has been awarded and been requested to quote on multiple scopes and this client has since become one of our key clients for growth.
And for all you engineers who just want the facts:
- A short time scale to provide engineering and design support on subsea structure FEED to enable accurate fabrication costs to be fed into full bid package
Dynamic and reactive Apollo team with main work involving:
- Front End Engineering Design of a 336te Manifold, a 28te Gas Lift Skid and a 21te Wash Water Skid to BS EN ISO 19902:2007 including:
- Offshore lift/installation analysis for structures
- In place analysis for structures
- Dropped object calculations/analysis
- Fishing gear interaction calculations/analysis
- Lift point definition
- ROV interface design
- Shallow foundation design
- Pile design
- Weight take off
- Piping analysis to PD8010-2 for offshore lift and in place condition
- General arrangement drawing packs for each structure including Primary Steel, Secondary Steel, Piping , Roof Panels and Mudmats to allow fabrication cost estimates
- Apollo mobilised an effective team in a very short timeframe
- Apollo worked with the client and managed the multiple interfaces
- Using the strong links with our parent company, Global Energy Group, to expediate the fabrication costs to enable us to quickly deliver on our FEED of the structure and pass over for fabrication, delivering on time and budget
if you have a pressing issue and need engineering support, let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org